Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
God is the GOD of hope! Hope that abounds by the power of the Holy Spirit. Hope that enters behind the veil in Christ Jesus, our High Priest. Hope that fills us with joy and peace in believing.
Hope does not come out of natural circumstances although it often begins there. Hope is eternal. Jesus, our High Priest, is the better hope, better promises, better covenant, who is able to save us to the uttermost through His intercession over us. Hope is Jesus.
Here are five simple steps to activate abounding hope.
- It’s God’s hope, not ours. Because it’s God’s hope, we can’t lose it, misplace it, or disobey so that we cannot return. It is eternal and it is in Jesus.
- Be filled with joy. Joy is the force of strength that does not allow the pressures of life to silence it. God fills us with His joy!
- Be filled with peace. Peace is a force of safety and rest, where our decisions cannot disrupt it. Peace guards our hearts and minds.
- Believe that you may abound in hope. Every day we wake to eternal hope in Jesus. Nothing can be lost or stolen, misplaced, or ruined. Hope is our anchor, our inheritance, and it is abundant.
- Believe in the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is abounding in Hope. He glorifies Jesus, announces all that Jesus has for us, and He makes all things turn into beautiful love. He never meets a problem that He is not Lord of, or a dilemma that he cannot bring the glory of Jesus to.
When pressure comes, it is after our hope. When disappointment comes, it is after our hope. But we do not have to concede—only believe. This is God’s hope for us, and we are to be filled with joy and peace believing we can abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.