The Secret to Resurrection Life
Read and meditate: Philippians 2
Resurrection life is a person more than an event. Yes, there will be he resurrection of the dead as sure as Christ was raised from he dead. However, Christ, the resurrection and the life, beckons us to discover in Him in all of resurrection that we can, while we sojourn here on earth. Just like He invited us to sit with Him in heavenly places. He wants us to seek those things which are above, where He sits, in order that we can pursue, lay hold of, and press toward this upward calling.
Paul came to faith and began the journey of de-construction. Shifting all faith into Jesus, Paul had to let go and lose things that were gain to him.
Meditate on these steps, or experiences, of Paul.
1) Worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and distance yourself from your flesh
2) Things that were gain now are counted for loss
3) Count all things lost, for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus
4) Become, found in His righteousness, by faith
5) Know Christ in the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings.
6) Being conformed to His death, that by any means attain to resurrection from the dead
7) A goal to attain and one worthy of pursuit—laying hold of what Christ laid hold of for you
8) THE SECRET- forgetting, forgiving, letting go, leaving all—The past.
9) Reaching forward to the things ahead.
10) The goal—The upward call of God in Christ Jesus—Can you feel the wind?
Paul reframed these truths with a citizenship analogy— We are of heaven more than we are of earth. Jesus is coming to transform us to His glorious body and subdue all things to Himself.
Note: The word “Conformed”, in verse 21, is same word in verse 10.
Considered the possibilities. Romans 8:18-30; Colossians 3:1-4; 1 Corinthians 15:31-58