In Ephesians Chapter one, in the first twenty-four verses, we are given the mystery of God hidden from ages and generations, part one. We will be in the book of Ephesians in our daily readings beginning Saturday. Sunday, we will open, receive, and experience the Mystery – part one.
What we have been given, from the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, is breathtaking. It begins with the Father blessing us with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places in Christ. God the Father chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless before Him in love. God the Father predestined us to adoption, as sons through Jesus Christ according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace by which He made us accepted in the Beloved Son of God Jesus Christ.
But wait… we are only halfway – Let’s review our Father’s provision in Christ.
- Blessed with every blessing in heavenly places.
- Chosen us to be holy and blameless before Him in love.
- Predestined us to adoption as sons to the praise of the glory of His grace.
- We have been made accepted in the Beloved.
Shall we continue?
In Jesus, we have redemption through His blood – the forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His grace, which God our Father made to abound to us in all wisdom and prudence, having made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, that in the fulness of times God our Father will gather, sum up, all things into one in Christ both which are in heaven and on earth.
- We have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
- We have the riches of His grace abounding toward us in all wisdom and prudence.
- We have been made known the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure which Father purposed in Himself.
- In the fulness of times, we will all be summed up into one in Christ, both in heaven and on earth.
Now for the finale.
In Christ, we have obtained and inheritance being predestined according to the purpose of Father who works all things according to His will, so that in our trust in Christ we are to the praise of the Father’s glory. We also have trusted after we heard the word of truth – the gospel of our salvation. In believing in Christ, we were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the complete acquiring of us.
- Inheritance in Christ.
- According to the Father’s purpose, working, and His will.
- Trusting Christ to the praise of His glory.
- Sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise until our full acquisition – redemption – to the praise of His glory.
And that’s only part one.